Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday, March 25, 2007

So, I’m done ranting about Kaiser again…Like it makes a difference, you know?
CC emailed the doc, whose nurse called us and he didn’t recognize the frustration from CC’s email and thus didn’t really respond to it other then indicating that his calendar had us scheduled for some reason.
Whatever.

Friday:

Friday was fishing day for Darrell and me and I even came out of the entire day (5:00 AM to 2:00 PM) with rainbow trout! Very cool. I was using bait, Power Bait (floating) with a 3’ leader from the weight and we were up at Skunk Hollow.
I cannot begin to express how good it was to just go fishing, even just from the shore instead of boat, and especially with a close buddy who I can be real with and not coat my thoughts and words with. I managed the whole time out with him with no cane until around 2ish when the body kicked back in to weak-mode. After I got home, my body communicated its displeasure with me for having been out so long walking without a cane and navigating rocks and hills. By night time I could barely walk. You would think that I would have the following day to recuperate, but in my zeal from the day’s fishing, I offered to take Joshy fishing the next morning…yeah…not much “thinking through” going on at that point.

Saturday:
The next morning came and I was preparing to take Joshy after I taught a guitar lesson, but the lesson cancelled so we went a bit earlier than planned, though I could barely walk. A promise is a promise and pain is to be endured.
Joshy and I went to Hazel and the dam, near 50 and Hazel and I took the truck out on the rocks and drove all the way to the water’s edge…just because I could in a truck of that size…and because I doubt I could have walked it if my life had really depended on it…Joshy and I played around with the water; he didn’t have the patience to cast and wait nor the skill yet for shore casting in rocks with a lure. I put a non-hooked frog lure on a line and he wanted to be in the water and see if he could catch the lure as I cast it out and reeled it back in. It became a game for him and he had a great time doing it. We were out there for probably 3 or 4 hours and then called it quits and I came back home and got on the bed to recoup. He said he had a great time and I kept my promise with little more pain than I began with. He said he was somewhat disappointed that we didn’t catch any fish and I explained that we would have had to actually fish in order to catch any…he understood the dilemma in that very moment. *bing* light bulb went on…

Sunday (today):
This morning we are going to New Life Community Church (AOG) located at the corning of Sunset Ave. and Fair Oaks Blvd. Looks like we are all going and the services are at 10:30 and then again at 6:00 PM tonight. It’s 9:53 AM and we should make this one on time. This was the church we were going to go to back at the time change when I forgot to change the home clocks…oh yeah…that one.

Time to finish getting ready.
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...