Friday, August 08, 2008

Crawling on the rim of pain...

Today is Friday, August 8, 2008.

This entry will be brief. I am at home, and I am using the NaturallySpeaking software in order to make this blog entry. I understand that yesterday's procedure was successful and since I am back at home it's clear that we felt there was no danger for me to come home instead of stay in the hospital overnight. Yesterday is merely a complete blur for me. The more I concentrate and try to remember, the less I seem to be able to get clear in my head. I do have distinct recollection of the incredible pain when the syringe went in to the liver. I didn't feel it go into the skin, but I did feel the sensation of the needle going in to the liver itself. It's not even a pain that I can describe. I remember freezing up in the room during the biopsy, but I don't remember very much after that. I don't remember coming home. I don't remember coming in the house, and don't remember going up stairs or getting in bed.
The pain on my right side from the three puncture holes is most impressive. I'm not sure how today is going to go. I'm feeling as poorly as I ever have the job now is to wait until CC comes home from work so that she can fill in the many blanks that I have in my head right now.
My hope was to have no recollection of the procedure yesterday and I am disappointed today to have distinct recollection of the pain; that sucks. Being vertical as well as walking and sitting up right are very uncomfortable, if not painful, so I'm going to sign off for now. I'm sure things will get better as time moves forward and as long as I don't do anything stupid to open up one of the three holes that they made before they have time to completely heal and close. Incredible pain.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...