Monday, August 04, 2008

56 Minutes In to Tuesday Morning

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It seems that I cannot go to bed at a reasonable hour any more. *sigh*

I am investigating a video editor already on my computer to see if I can be creative again...exhaustion drains the creativity from the body which in turn brings depression which robs the soul. Currently, I'm poor. That's my thought anyway.

Another attack today which was more mild than others, but left me as wrecked and sore as one fo the nasty ones would, though I was able to walk without anyone helping me, about 3 hours or so afterwards. It was triggered while CC and I were uninstalling my truck's stereo. I began to sweat like crazy (it was pretty hot too) and I think the over-all heat of the day became intensified while I was standing in the sun. CC kept me from falling and helped me walk into the house hwere I continued to sweat for a while. We did a half dose of liquid K+ (potassium) and it seemed to help my body level itself while the imbalance tried to rage within. I lost that battle, but it was not as brutal as it could have been. I distinctly remember feeling as though I was locked within bars, inside my head, unable to free myself or control my body and emotions. Talking was difficult and hard for me to think and say words correctly, almost like stuttering. It was very hard work just to say anything and I was angry with it. Sometimes I just get fed up with being screwed up. This was one of those times.

Referral?? Got a call from a Kaiser department that I was referred to...back in April! How stupid is that?! Their system is broken if it takes them 4 months to actually get a referral through. Started my morning a bit darker than I would have preferred.

This Thursday is my liver biopsy at Morse Ave. Kaiser. CC received an email today form the doctor responsible and we feel pretty confident that I will be watched more carefully than the average patient that day. They will also allow CC to be with me immediately following the procedure, during recovery and they will also admit me for the night and next day for observation in case I have an attack before, during or afterwards, so I feel much better about my care for this specific event.

Yesterday was fairly low key...my memory is not behaving right now...oh well.
Monday, Missy and I waited until CC came home from work and then we went to the library, just Missy and me; her on her bike and me in my chair. We both really enjoyed the time together and were able to talk while we road as well as stopping by Carl's Jr. for a lunch for her (I had my Aquafina...yum *sigh*).

I learned that the library is exactly 2 miles from our house and that my chair was running at a top speed of about 2.5 mph and the battery was nearly full when we left and was flashing its last red bar before being dead, when we got back home. I'm troubled that the chair ran so slowly and that my dual batteries only lasted two hours of total operation. That can't be right. I have to figure out who can take a look at it and do some diagnostics on it...add that to the list...

Next entry, I'm planning to give my thoughts on the movies I rented over the weekend; too tired now to do it

New mask for my CPAP machine arrived today; it will be good to replace the old one. I know, no one cares but me.

Please be praying for Chris and Sheila and their two kids as they are all vacationing and traveling even to Europe! Pray as your heart leads.

I heard from two separate friends from out of my past (one emailed today and the other emailed back in the beginning of July on my MySpace page) and I'm looking forward to the email exchanges I hope will follow after I reply tomorrow...? I hope tomorrow...

A best friend of CC's who goes way back to her teen years is coming down here to visit and help CC this week being that we have alot going on this week and CC needs rest and pain relief, so the visit should be a blessing to her and us.

Kirsten is coming up next week!!!! We are very excited to have her visit and hang with us; we love her to pieces for sure! I heard tell that she ight even be DRIVING herself up here...not certain I'm ready for that...

It's now nearly 1:35am. I'll stop.
g'night.
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...