Thursday, August 07, 2008

Thursday Morning Early

Thursday, August 7, 2008

CC woke me up at 5:30 am this morning (it's now 6:19 am) so I could get going without rushing and such. I ate 4 or 5 pieces of low sodium turkey breast with a little mustard and drank a bottle of water, both permitted by the doc, according to his email from a day ago.
CC has packed snacks and waters to have in case they are needed while we are there.
My mom is coming up and will be covering me tonight in case I stay for the night in the hospital. If I can make it through the procedure this morning and through the recovery time without an attack then it is more likely that we will just come home instead of opting to stay, but my gut is that it might be wiser to stay to be on the safe side, of course "safe" is a very relative term considering where I will be. How truly unfortunate that we cannot trust our health care system to be exactly just that, a health CARE system. I don't think I'm scared, but I do feel a little apprehensive and cautious just because I've not gone through this procedure while knowing of my condition/disease and due to the HKPP reality, this kind of procedure is no longer "typical" or simply normal due to my known triggers of saline (which they have said they won't use), cold rooms/cold temperatures, stress, anxiety, pain, being startled, anesthesias and rest after physical exertion and more.

Is now 6:40 am and we are to leave shortly. I'm bringing my cell phone in case I do stay so I can write a brief update via my cell phone to the blog.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...