Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday's Beginnings Again...

Monday, August 11, 2008

Went to bed before 11 pm last night and set my alarm for 8:15 am this morning, but I woke myself up around 7 am and have been up since. I am, in the moment, remembering how much I enjoyed mornings and how much I like the smell of the air in the early mornings. Come to think of it, most of my happiest family memories as a youth began with an early morning wake up: going duck hunting and dove hunting with my dad when I was Jr. High age, going fishing while camping at sunrise, seeing a lake still as glass before the weather of the day molested it, getting up while it was still dark to leave with our trailer and go on our family vacation, even going in to work at MPPC and FOPC while it was still dark and knowing that I would have the whole day to accomplish the many tasks set before me, etc.
It's still true that you don't REALLY know what you'll miss until you have it no more. My bud Brian, from my MPPC days, texted me a few days back sharing that he was running sound for a band rehearsal at his church and it struck me that I actually miss doing that...even when it would sometimes frustrate me to feel as though I was babysitting the technology at times, there have been far more times where my participation was crucial to the success of their rehearsal and if I invested myself, I could truly be a blessing to them and to the moment by becoming the invisible but audible unseen member of whatever band was rehearsing. Sometimes I was even asked my opinion of how the rehearsal seemed to be going and/or was asked my opinion of certain songs or musicianship.

It's hard to always stay home, generally speaking.
Time to prepare for PT this morning...
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...