Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday morning

Thursday, November 16, 2006

It’s 11:25 and I slept about 11 hours last night, so I’m catching up night by night. It was harder to go to sleep last night for some reason, plus the muscle jerks are still happening once I get truly relaxed. I’m going to have to do some more research on that aspect, they are alarming and frustrating as well, but at least I know they are coming now, so they don’t catch me completely off guard.

I’m again blessed by the emails coming through; they bring a peace to my heart.
I’m going to pursue ordering the Cardy meter today and have been reading up on its use and calibration technique, which apparently takes some getting used to. Also, we are re-faxing our instructions for the Medic Alert bracelet today as well so we can get that back ASAP. I think I mentioned that it came but that it omitted a significant warning on the engraving so we asked them to re-do it.

I was thinking my parents were coming up today, but CC said they had talked with her this morning and that it makes more sense for them to come when they will have more time instead of today, so, if you guys are reading this, I love you and am looking forward to seeing you in a week or so. I’ll plan to call today as well.

I talked to my sis last night and that was reassuring and a blessing. I found after the fact, that I was starving for certain things while in the hospital and one of those things was family so it was very cool to hear her voice last night.

CC’s (and my) niece Angel is coming up tomorrow to help her with the house and stuff, which is HUGE for CC, since she has not been able to get to much of it at all and now especially with me home she wants it cleaned and such but hasn’t had time to do it, so they both will go after it tomorrow and she’ll feel far better.

We’ve got labs to do today so a trip back up the Kaiser is coming soon. It will be good to get back out and about, even if it is just to do an errand or two.

Since being home, though I’m stuck on the couch to a great extent, the disciplinarian seems to be back at home…the kids have been used to pushing the bar to the max or Joshy having a melt down and such and bringing CC to the point of locking it down or letting it go depending on her energy. It seems when I’m home, it always gets locked down so the kids are also acclimating back to that familiar territory. I’ve grown up caring about the tone of voice, the phrasing and inflection when a child speaks to an adult or parent and that matters to me, so the kids are learning that it will have to matter to them too.

Well, that’s it for now. I’ll check in later-
peace
w

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Hey Wade,
    Just want you to know that The Highway Community is praying for you. Thanks for the blog. It's a good way to keep up with you. Also, Fish just walked by, and says hi. Keep healing, bro.
    ~Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Hi Wade

    George from Los Angeles here. An Amazing Blog you are writing. This is surely the point of this technology, to share and enlighten people of life experiences, its ups and Downs.

    Keep up the good work and words.

    All the best

    George

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...