Sunday, November 05, 2006

It was certainly a Sunday...

Hey there-
I got very little sleep last night, not certain why. I couldn't get into a deep sleep which was annoying but I was good to go when the alarm went off at 5:00 AM. I’m really glad I went in last night to get ready for this morning; I would have been hosed if I hadn’t. I was seriously tired from the morning and ate 2 apples and a banana and drank a couple bottles of water to boot. Breakfast was 3 eggs, which seems to be working find for me. We were initially concerned about having the eggs, but if not, then truly, WHAT ELSE??

Our new band configuration has bass and guitar up behind keys and drums which leaves nice open real estate on the chancel floor. I got word last week that the SML band will be switching off Monday night rehearsals in the WC so that every Monday is a rehearsal and with the new configuration, I can set up both bands with no problem and not have to strike one for the other for the most part.

Services went alright, though there were some audio oddities that I think are due to the new flooring. More about that when I’m NOT likely to dose off while typing.

After services we got a fair amount done in the back yard including moving the boat to a different location and cleaning it out thoroughly. I finished repairing flat tires on 3 of the bikes in the garage. Funny how that stuff comes back from memory so quickly. I felt useful again, which unfortunately does mean something to me right now. That will get better I know, I know…

Yesterday I got a call from one of my dearest friends, somebody I haven’t seen since, around ‘91/’92 or something like that. He and his family moved to Australia, where is originally from. We don’t get to talk much, but hearing his voice just brings a big grin to my face. He was one of my very best friends while I lived in Garden Grove/Huntington Beach time while down in Southern Cal. He and I share a love for the Eagles, sweet acoustic guitars, appropriate relaxing “beverages” when hangin with company and true friends. God gave me and CC a sincere and true gift when He gave us the friendship with Neil and his wife Bobby. They’ve 3 kids; Becca, Bridgette and Christopher. It’s been that long since I’ve written their names, I may have spelled one or two wrong…but I remember them specifically.

More bouts with the weird sweating and soaking of the T-shirt with cold. Clammy hands and such. I’m just bringing a couple shirts now to work so I can change part way through.

Well, it’s 9:30 and I’m dozing off while I try to type. That’s my cue-
More tomorrow…
peace
w

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
B: 3 eggs
L: 2 burger patties/small ketchup
D: meatballs in marinara sauce
Snacks: 4 apples, 2 bananas, handful of candy-corn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...