Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday, November 18th, 2006

Saturday morning, November 18, 2006

Hi there-
This morning was Joshua’s final soccer game, CC works 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM and Missy has a drama rehearsal for tomorrow night’s Agape Feast…somewhat busy morning.


I got around 9 hours of sleep and feel pretty rested. I got up and woke up Josh, who was sleeping in our bed, apparently after he got up to see CC before she went to work. He’s having a seriously tough time with separation since my hospital stay. CC and I went to dinner last night with a very good friend last night and as we walked down the driveway, Josh kept calling to us from the doorway, telling us goodbye and crying/sobbing that we were leaving him. It was very hard. Our hearts just break for him knowing how real the fear is for him right now. All of that is to explain why he was sleeping in our bed after CC went to work. His thing right now is for her to wake him up before she leaves so he can say goodbye to her. After that, she puts him in our bed for his comfort and to go back to sleep. So that brings us back to this morning, waking up Josh and making breakfast for me and him while Angel does her morning treatments (for living with CF). After breakfast, she drove us to Josh’s soccer game at 9:00 and we hung out there while he played. The game ended in a tie, which is a pretty good way to close the season. Would have been cooler to win, but it’s better than losing. Missy had a rehearsal at 10:00 and Aunt Judy picked her up and took her there for that. Angel, Joshy and I arrived back at the house just before Missy did. Somewhat hectic morning.

CC has now taken Josh to the team party at Round Table Pizza and Angel, Missy and Nana are working on house work. My job was to keep Annie distracted for a bit and to work on computer stuff for the bracelet and a couple other computer items.

While I was tossing the ball for Annie, CC came outside and brought me the phone and to my wonderful surprise, Kirsten was on the line!!! How wonderful! I haven’t gotten to speak to her since she left for Hungary on her AFS excursion. That call TOTALLY made my day and week! She’s doing great, it sounds like, and she’s keeping the Hungarians on their toes I’d bet. I feel so much better having heard her voice. I brought the phone to Missy and she was quite elated to speak to her as well.

I’ve had some good time talking with Angel today as well. She’s such the sweetheart and also a very independent thinker; I love to listen to her and hear what she has to say and what she thinks. I was around when she was still an infant in a car seat, so it’s been wonderful to watch her grow up and become the beautiful young lady that she is.

Well, it’s back to research for the bracelet so we can get that back to them and returned to us as soon as possible. The Cardy meter has been ordered (last night) so we should see it Monday or Tuesday.

If you would, please be praying for CC and me right now as we face some huge decisions for us, ones on a global scale. Your thoughts and prayers are truly coveted.

Talk to you later-
peace
w

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Stef and I will continue to keep you in our prayers. I know that some of the issues you are dealing with are the same as the ones we delt with and may have to deal with in the near future. Stay strong. I'm here if you need me to lean on Braddah.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...