Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Evening

Thursday, November 23, 2006

It’s 10:18 PM and I’m being serenaded by Josh’s pick of music videos; “Men in Black” by Will Smith and the song before that was “Nod Your Head” (also by Will Smith). That’s my kid. “Monkey Business” by Skid Row, back to back with Will Smith. We like a variety. Both Missy and Josh like everything from Elvis to Everly Brothers to Queen to Scorpions to Ace of Bass to Skid Row to Frank Sinatra. I’m stoked that they love all kinds and styles of music equally. Different day, different vibe...

We spent the afternoon and evening over at CC’s brother’s place in Shingle Springs with our family, Nana, Chris and Brooke and their boys and Brooke’s Step Brother and his wife and baby girl, and Brooke’s mom and Dennis. It was a fairly full house but certainly kick back; we watched a couple football games and the kids and adults played some game where you have to get four checkers in a row (red or black)…I thinks it’s called Connect Four. Anyway, Nana will be staying there with Chris and Brooke until the beginning of next week for a change of pace for all of us. The next few days will be nice to have a different dynamic in the house and I’m sure that it will be good for Nana to spend time with her other grand children too.

Also tonight, there were 3 turkeys; Roasted, Barbequed and Fried. In my mind, there was no competition to the fried turkey, which ironically was NOT what I thought would be the better tasting preparation. It was VERY juicy and moist and flavorful, more-so than the BBQ an Roasted. I think we will plan on trying that for next year, depending on how much a deep fryer costs. It was excellent. Then was apple pie and pumpkin pie, which I had a very small slices of.

My potassium was 3.7 when we go there, which had my attention and I was feeling poorly at the time. A few hours later I tested again and I was up to 4.3 and subsequently feeling a little better as well. My right leg was sore today and tonight as was my hip, so it was mostly a cane day. Bummer.
I’m really thankful to have the Cardy now and though I don’t want to live by it, I do want to be mindful of my feeling and begin to correlate the numbers with the feeling.

Tomorrow brings my parents up for a visit and then Saturday brings the Haldens up for the day and then Sunday (my birthday) is a planned kick-back day of socializing and music. Actually, early Sunday afternoon, we plan to go back down to the Sacramento Library for a puppet show at 2:00 and then home before 3:30.

Well, it’s my hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the weekend will be restful. Time to put the kids to bed (10:56 PM) and call it a night too.
(Do you like the new look for the Blog? I feel better about it now.)
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...