Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday Forward

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Today has been a pretty good day over-all and the high point so far is the Cardy meter arrived today! It's far smaller than I thought it would be, a little larger than a cell phone. I received the extra supplies as well and will just need to order more of the testing strips, but these strips should last for quite a while. The calibration has to be done around once a month and I hope to check my levels three times a day for a while, until I feel I have a pretty good handle on what my “normal” range is. I checked it with the meter and I was 4.4 K+. How cool.

To be continued… 4:58 PM


It’s 9:26 PM and I just finished watching what I thought was to be a very good movie called “Lord of War” with Nicholas Cage. It was a very depressing movie as opposed to very good and was far from the mood-setter I was hoping for. All I can do in response to seeing the movie is not to suggest it. My mood has sunk and hopefully will be only for a short time.

Once the movie ended, I checked email and noticed that my lab results from today’s lab draw was in and check it out; my potassium was 4.4 at the lab and it was 4.4 when I checked it here at the house. How cool is that? CC and I just talked about how to make the meter a practical tool for me since I will need to make it as portable as me. I may have to get back into wearing a waist-pack in order to carry it with me all the time.

Bri left a few hours ago to head to his cousin’s place and then for home. I was fading in energy and had to go lay down before he actually left. It was really good to have him visit and hang out. He took me to Kaiser to get my labs done this afternoon as well. He’s like the fusion of a good friend and younger brother as well. Years ago he went through Hell and hung out there for a while medically speaking, while fighting for his life in Stanford’s ICU, during the time I was working for Menlo. It was good to be there with him then and to see his recovery and, though my situation is not as his was, praise God, the ball seems to be on the other foot to some degree and his visits have been very heartwarming and enjoyable. Add to that, the kids love him…heck, even Annie has taken a real liking to him. It was a good visit.

Well, my pursuit of mental distraction has brought me to the “Mission Impossible III” DVD, which I hope will be a better suit for me than furthering a negative mindset such as “Lord of War”, granted a creatively done negative mindset, but a negative one, none the less.

Well, either way, the evening is coming to a close, so Wednesday is up next…Good things came from today; God was in them I think. My heart is thankful for the meter. I’m blessed.
peace
-me

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...