Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday Was Here

Monday, November 20, 2006

Well, it’s Monday evening and it’s been a fairly productive day.

Today’s accomplishments included getting some appointments cancelled and making some others. We’re making headway on the UCSF referral but are far from handled. The following is undoubtedly mundane and abore, but it is record of today's progress through the use of the phone.

Call and cancel the CT scan: Since I already had the CT scan while I was admitted this past time, there is no need for another scan. I called and left the message for them on the cancellation line. Theoretically they should receive it and cancel the appt.

Call to schedule an appt. with my primary physician or his covering physician: I scheduled an appt. with a doctor from his group this coming Wednesday. I was to have had a follow up with my primary following my release from the hospital, but he's on vacation and I gues the departmenal ball got droped on scheduling me with someone else, so we are following up on something they should have done. Sound familiar?

Call for an appt. with Nutritionist, Kirsten: I called and left a message for her on her line and got a call from CC that she had spoken to her and scheduled a meeting for next week, though I do not recall the day and time. She told CC that I should be eating more carbs than I am currently, but eating more often as well; the smaller meals approach we have tried to keep up from time to time. I'm looking forward to that meeting/appt.

Call UCSF regarding appt. time-frame: I called them and CC called them and determined that once we have the referral from Kaiser, they will double book me for the doctor as soon as possible to get me in ASAP. This has incredible potential to be a huge ball of red tape with a custom fringe of bickering, but I'm hopeful we will get what we need without too much more issue. I sent an email to Member Services at Kaiser stating that we want the referral now and do not believe we should wait until January (which is when the referral doc within Kaiser will see me for Kaiser's official Second Opinion) to get this done. My email left nothing to the imagination, and though you'll find it hard to believe, I wasn't wordy either.

Bracelet Information: I re-wrote the fax and bracelet information and sent and we need to fax it back to them and mail the bracelet to them for replacement. I will rest more securly once the bracelet has been fixed and I have it returned to me. This causes me some stress until it is completed. We'll try to get it off tomorrow.

Brian made it up safely and we had dinner brought to us by a family in the church. We have been truly blessed by the outpouring of love from different families within the church and we are humbled by it. It is so hard to receive, but such a blessing. Some who have given to us and some who have tried to give to us have shared with me that it is as important if not more important for them to give and us receive than not, in that, God is working with and through them and we are to receive when the gift is offered as an obedient act to help them as they help us.

Also, a good friend, George, returned a couple DVDs I had sent him and in return, sent me some DVDs to watch while convalescing, which is very cool. I watched Genesis Live at Wembley this afternoon with Bri.

Killer show.

Well, I’m tired and it’s time to call this a night. Let’s check out tomorrow, shall we?


peace
w

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:32 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...