Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Wednesday thoughts...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Well, the price was less than I expected for yesterday’s cane-less ventures; I was in good shape for the morning and didn’t need it until lunch time, but I did need it from and after lunch through the evening. So, ultimately, I think that’s good news. Each day has proven to be progress from the day before, though it is FAR slower progress than I want it to be.

I had lunch with a good buddy today and really enjoyed my time with him, as I always do. It was a very good time not spent dwelling on my issues but good sharing of each other.

My buddy Rob, from FOPC, came to our house for dinner tonight and we were able to catch up since I haven’t been at work since Nov. 8th. He’s my Chief Engineer and now flying solo at work due to my medical absence. I know Rob reads this (Hi Rob :-o) ) so I won’t tell any stories about him…. Anyway, he knows he’s my very good friend and knows that I would trust my job and workplace with only a very few folks, and he’s top on that list. We had a good dinner and the kids enjoyed his visiting, even Annie wouldn’t leave him alone; she kept bringing her toys to him, dropping them on his knee and she has this thing of moving her nose under your hand or arm and then knocking up and into the air to kind of force your attention her way. She did this a lot to him while we kicked back on the couches. Thanks for coming over, sir.

My bracelet came today and it looks great. I put it on and plan on getting used to it being there all the time. I feel better just having it, like I’m protected now, more-so than I was yesterday. I hope that makes sense.

It’s 10:00 and I’m more tired than motivated to continue writing, so it will have to be tomorrow before I continue.

Peace -

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...