Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday, November 3, 2006

Good morning-
I got to bed pretty early last night which meant that about 2:30 or so, I woke up because I have usually been getting about 6 hours of sleep and I was sleeping a bit before 9:00 PM.
When I got up this AM I felt pretty good, rejuvenated in a way.


CC is working today so I took the kids to school which is a fun time for me. They like the same music I like and like to listen to it at a “moderate” volume like me too…When we got about half way to school, Missy reminded me it was time to pray so we took the next few minutes with each of us taking turns praying. Sometimes they both remember and sometimes just me. It’s a great way to start the day; listening to your children speak to God.

CC and Nana and Papa (my dad) spent yesterday knocking out the back yard work and it looks great. Dad moved the boat to the very back of the yard since they removed the hedge. We have the neighborhood clean up in a couple weeks and we will be set for it. The sucky part is I can’t do so much of what I used to do that some of the really laborious work has to be done by CC or others and that’s a real ego shot and frustration because I believe in and have always done my own work when humanly possible. Grrrrr.

I had funky symptoms again this morning and yesterday and some days past as well; sudden very evident sweating on my torso and head and thighs, but my lower legs, arms form the elbow down and my hands are as cold as a glass window on a winter day. It was difficult to type at the end of the day yesterday because my fingers didn’t have the dexterity or speed to move to the keys my mind told them to go to. Weird. CC gave me some liquid potassium last evening at work and within about 15 minutes I have warmth back in my hands and arms and legs and feet. I didn’t take any potassium this morning because I have no idea what my K+ (K+ stands for potassium) level is right now and I don’t want to max out on it either. My last test for it was beginning of the week and it was 5.2 which is one point below what is considered high potassium. Feast or famine, I guess.

My weight is down to 230 now and I’ve gone down one pant size in the waist !!! Serious cool, except all my jeans and slacks are 42 not the 40 I am now. From where I’ve been, this is a good problem to have. I was at 260 in July and thanks to CC’s hunch to pick up the blood type shopping guide and learning about it, I’ve lost the weight just because I’m eating the foods that my body can digest better and more efficiently and not eating the ones which stay in my system for a long time. Of course, combine that with the “Avoid these foods” regiment that comes from the HKPP and my *choices* became slim to none for how I used to eat.
I’ve completely cut out all pork, regular pasta, soy sauce, large helpings, corn, regular flour, white bread, high sodium foods and meals, etc. It’s been frustrating at times but the results are clear to me and worthy.

So, on to today…Many errands to run which means loud music in the car except…I think I’ll bring Annie with me so I’ll keep the music to a dull roar, so to speak.

Peace and blessings; I’ll plan to write some more tonight and post some more pics too-
peace
w

------------------------------------------ Friday afternoon---------------------------------------------------

So it’s mid-afternoon and these weird symptoms of major sweating and freezing hands, legs and arms is getting pretty old. I mean, my glasses are fogging up…how ridiculous is that? CC has gone to go get her mom from the beauty salon and then I will go with her to get the kids from school (we have Noah and Anna with us today too until the late afternoon) and after getting the kids we are heading to Kaiser to get some blood drawn and see if anything is reflected as abnormal from the potassium draw.
Something’s not right but we don’t know what it is.

While CC was at my office with the kids last night, she took it upon herself to re-arrange the room per a discussion I had had with a colleague and I thought the idea was great, but couldn’t do the actual work to make the changes. CC knocked it out in a matter of a few minutes and the office looks great now.

Well, we’ll see what happens with the labs. My primary emailed us back that he put in a “standing order” for potassium draw whenever we want it. I tell you, being able to email our doctors is excellent! And, not only do you get some faster communications happening, but everything you email becomes part of your record or file at the hospital. It’s a VERY effective way to make certain specific issues or concerns are documented and available for the practitioners to read. It’s like “going on record” each time you communicate and that’s been great for us.

Well, I guess there will be more later…peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday’s (Thursday) breakfast was 3 eggs and hot tea
Lunch was Chicken Caesar Salad from Chili’s with Iced tea
Dinner was chicken and dumpling soup of which I had a medium sized bowl with 2/3 chicken to 1/3 dough dumplings

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...