Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Late Night...

Friday, July 11, 2008

First, the best news of the year; My buddy and brother Scott Rose and his wife Kristy welcomed a baby girl into the world Thursday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am the proudest uncle on the face of the earth! *We love you guys and miss you terribly!*

Wednesday night ended with a hard and nasty attack after being downstairs and watching a movie with Missy and CC. I was able to force myself up the stairs and knock the bedroom door out of the way and make it onto the bed before I completely had to give in to the spasms that began when leaving the downstairs bathroom. That was hell.

Today was PT which was a blessing, but I remained in a brain fog all day; slow to think, reply, answer, decide, etc.

By early afternoon I sat in the LazyBoy and watched some TV and then noticed a severe sweating, soaking my shirt and sweats within a matter of a minute but the sweat continued for a number of minutes more. Brain fog became thick and then I realized that I couldn't move anything. My face, eyes and throat were not paralyzed and I was able to whisper in very short difficult breaths. this one scared me a lot, though CC stayed beside me all the time; coaching me, reminding me how to get through it. 4 to 5 hours later I am able to stagger/shuffle with my cane. One of these times, we just have to go in (911) to see if they can some how "break the chain" of these attacks and monitor me PROPERLY without casting their unbelieving eyes and spouting outdated, incorrect assumptions and under-the-breath remarks about a disease that I am intimately familiar with now and truly battle every single day.

Tomorrow will be a "down" day, more than likely.

It's 2:10 AM. Perhaps I can sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...