Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday Morning: O'Dark Thirty...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Well, it is 1:00 am and I'm going to keep this fairly brief.
No attack today, just nausea and lower intestine cramping which stops me in my tracks. Also, I noticed some pressured/dull pointed pain up under my lowest ribs; these pains also stopped me in my tracks, though I was lying down at the time. Can't nap/sleep with cramping, nausea and *other* pains.
Yesterday's attack was complete paralysis which followed a morning and early afternoon of paralysis in my right hand. It was completely useless for that time; makes for an awkward day, I can assure you. Swallowing during that attack was very difficult and very purposeful. I was successful, but not without much effort.

Tonight (last night) was pottery again and I made another dragon-kind-of-creature...I was told it looks much like the dragon from Shrek. CC, Missy and Joshy all threw some clay on the wheel and made 2 cup/bowls and a dish/bowl. The look very cool and they were proud of their work. I too was proud of my work, though I still have not created what I am seeing in my mind's eye. I was very encouraged when the instructor asked me if I have sculpted before because she was very impressed with my efforts. I guess I needed that kind of compliment and encouragement because as a musician/songwriter/performer, I am most critical of my own work, long before anyone else would be. With her comments, she eased my fears of failing at sculpting something worth looking at or liking. CC told me that I should try the wheel next week and was also very encouraging as was Joshua and Missy. once I'm actually sculpting, I enjoy working with the clay and creating, but the initial steps of beginning are difficult and unfamiliar to me, where others just take off and go. 2 dragons down, one to go...? I don't know...

My buddy Brian was going to come up tomorrow (today) but he texted me last night and let me know he can't right now. I'm bummed to not see him, but will look forward to when he can next.

Liver biopsy next week. Much to be figured out prior to it, though. it will be another piece of the puzzle to find out what's actually up with my liver enzymes being so whacked for so many years now. Why hadn't they done a biopsy before now is far beyond me, but at least it is getting done now at our repetitive requests. We are STILL managing my health care due to Kaiser's inability or insensitivity or whatever. This is NOT how it should be, this much I know.

It's now 1:27 am and I'm stopping. It's my prayer and hope that each of us will get some much needed rest as we sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...