Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Monday night: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...

...I'm SICK if these attacks! How 'bout you?
*yahn...*

Monday, July 15, 2008

There isn't much to report today, though a few things are notable.

First thing, I was able to spend a nice block of time playing some D&D with Joshy. I really enjoyed my time playing with Joshy. I love to watch his imagination work and to hear his characterization in his voice as he plays the character in the game. He's catching on very quickly, and, likewise, I am remembering more of how to play the game. Regrettably, sometimes I'm finding out that I should have thought things through more in advance before starting the game like I used to do 25 to 30 years ago... it's been quite some time since I've played with real interest. Okay, actually, that's not completely true; before I moved my family up here into the Sacramento area, I did engage in two or three games with my niece and nephews, who we live virtually next door to in San Carlos. I really liked playing with them as well, but the stress of my job and the lack of my planning ahead for the game made the game more difficult for me to play, and I'm guessing less entertaining for them as well. I wish that could have been different, I do...

The second thing was that, about two hours or so into the game, I started to sweat profusely and get a bit lightheaded. I took that queue and went and reclined in the chair in the living room. Actually, before making it into the living room, I called CC on the phone and let her know what I was feeling and what I was planning on doing and being that she was literally driving by our entrance street what I called, she turned in and came back to the house and got me the meds that I was needing and help get me situated to write out the rest of the attack. Strangely, this attack did not completely manifests into full spasms or full paralysis; the symptoms were profuse sweating, brain fog, complete with difficulty speaking and thinking and overall body weakness and fatigue. I awoke about three hours or so later, and cc first words were "Hi! Did you get the number of the truck?" That pretty well summed up how I looked, and it's summed up pretty well how I was feeling. It is normal after an attack for me to feel as if I have run some kind of marathon race and didn't limber up or stretch first, for that matter, it's like finishing said "marathon race" without stretching or limbering up, and never having run a marathon race in my life. All of my muscles hurt, all of my joints hurt, my feet don't want me to walk on them, my hands don't want me to use them to lift myself out of the chair or grasp a cane or hold onto a walker, my eyes don't want to focus, my eye lids don't want to be open or blink and my jaw wishes that I would leave it alone. Without getting terribly graphic, that's typically, how I feel following an attack, sparing you the more definitive description for now.

The third thing to note, perhaps the most joyous note of the day, was that my brother and music writing partner, Scott Rose, called me to let me know the current status of his new baby daughter Gracy. It was thought that Gracy was going to have to remain in the hospital until this Wednesday, however, they allowed them to bring her home today and he called with the joyous news. She is apparently suffering from some kind of acid reflux issue and I know that he would covet your prayers for a swift and permanent healing of that condition, especially in such a young, brand-new little body. He told me that Kristy is doing well and healing fine from the delivery. Needless to say, both are exhausted from trips to the hospital, long hours in the hospital, little sleep at home, all the while loving and caring for Gracy's older brother, Adam (who is four years old, I think). I know that they would appreciate your prayers as they eagerly hand excitedly move forward with a little girl to adore along with her four year old older brother. Scott and Kristy, to say that I miss you guys comes nowhere near the depth of the phrase. Just know that you are in my heart and you are in the hearts of those in my family, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the day that God will allow us to be together in the same place at the same time

Once again, it's after midnight; it is now 12:57 a.m. in the morning, and I need to go to bed. It is time to close this down.
-Peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...