Thursday, July 03, 2008

Striving to stay current...*revised at 8:00 p.m.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Yesterday evening, just after going down stairs for dinner, another attack creeped in. This one began very slowly, almost in a surreal way in that I was able to keep my eyes open for the better part of the start of it, however, once the spasms kicked into full swing, I realized I couldn't see anything and could only hear, which is more normal. It was 10:00 p.m. when CC woke me up to head up to bed but my mind began to race and body felt pretty bad, so going right to sleep wasn't an option, hence I was awake until 2:30 a.m. and emailed a few folks 'round that time.

Currently, it is 6:10 p.m. and CC just woke me up from a 3 to 3 1/2 hour nap that I took while she and the 4 kids (Missy, Joshua and a best friend of ours 2 children) went to see "Get Smart". We watch her kids for her while she is working during the week, for the most part. Anyway, I didn't go in hopes of resting while staying home and kept my cell phone in hand in case I needed help (the cell has a one-key speed dial for her and my aunt and a few others and has proven itself a life saver, literally, in the past. As it was today, no significant issues requiring a call.

At this moment in time, I'm not feeling as well as I want to; chest pain has lasted now for a few days straight with no relief, different muscle pains all over rotate as they see fit (I guess) and nausea is now an apparent permanent staple in my existence. In particular, the nausea is most frustrating simply for how it makes me feel, which is *blah*, but it is a standard symptom for HKPP due to the mucous created by the body in the stomach , throat and head, all of which are the body's attempts to protect itself from potassium dumps within my system...bleh.

Time for dinner...6:26 p.m.

Finished dinner and began working on getting the house/Living Room cleaned up and such, including getting a VCR hooked in to our Frankenstein-ed TV/stereo system...and now, an hour and a half later, I'm in fair pain and elevated on CC and the kid's radars, so to speak. I'm to stop "being productive" until tomorrow sometime which is a good but frustrating call. My mind wants to finish the projects I have begun but my body cannot cooperate, so pain sets in, I begin to have breathing issues and I have to lay down with some oxygen (which I've been on all day). Instead of remarking continually about the oxygen, from here on out, it will just be assumed that I'm on oxygen nearly 24x7 because that is essentially the truth of the matter, though it sounds more dramatic to say it. It's a given and that's that.

CC found an old baby monitor that we had used with her mom living with us so that we could hear her at night and see her from the remote camera and mic, so we are going to hook that up for me when I am down so that they can hear me if things go South, so to speak. That will be helpful.

Okay, I'm done for tonight. 8:10 p.m.
peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...