Sunday, July 06, 2008

A Saturday Outside

Saturday, July 05, 2008

We all slept in a bit this morning, mostly because we all stand up quite late last night. Neither CC or I got a very good nights sleep, but I believe that's because we were sleeping on brand-new beds with brand-new sheets that felt more like hotel sheets than home sheets. I guess also, our door was shut for the night, which meant that we didn't have any air circulation through the room, so it was a stuffy night as well. Tonight is very different; we have our doors open so that we can have good care circulation and we have the house them on as well, which will help to cool the house down, especially the upstairs.

So, this morning was a lazy start everybody kind of getting going at their own speed, no real rush involved, and we decided, off the cuff, that we would make a run up to the Galleria Mall in Roseville and shop for a little while and then head down to the Halden's hotel and swim in their pool (the kids, that is) and then we would go back to our house for hamburgers and then back down to swim for whatever amount of time would be left of the evening. Regrettably, this plan was interrupted while we were all sitting in the food court at the mall with everyone eating their snack and I have finished my snack that I had brought from home. An attack started very slowly, taking my independence away, one brick at a time. I was in the motorized chair, which had been fun, and liberating, in fact, I was able to keep up with those who were shopping and looking around and I have for the most part gotten over my vanity regarding how I look sitting in a chair and the fact that I need it. Anyway, the attack hit and as I sat in the chair, we disconnected the control module from the arm of the chair and my nephew Erik walked beside me controlling the chair and steering us out to the sidewalk to where the van was waiting and got me loaded in and we headed for home. Not a very comfortable ride home, but then they never are. Being that the spasms did not kick in until later, I just simply couldn't move, so my head would bounce around, depending on if we turned, started or stopped. If I remember right, CC, was driving with one hand and doing her best to hold my head with the other; talk about multitasking...

I came-to in the big black chair with CC sitting beside me. The standard fallouts from these attacks are general weakness throughout the body, some element of brain fog, very sore shoulders, neck, hips, lower back and what feels like swollen hands and fingers, even though the hands and fingers are not swollen; they just hurt like hell.

CC, Erik and Josh all stayed with me at the house, while everyone else drove down from the mall to our house, and they picked up Erik and Joshua and then went to the hotel and went swimming for the evening. They ended up just doing pizza at the pool while CC and I worked on some of the leftovers in the fridge.

It's now 1:20 a.m. and I HAVE GOT TO get to bed sooner than this...not good.

-peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

In This Body: Living with HKPP through Faith and Love of family & community with Wade Odum This was recorded on March 19, 2024 On today&...